How do I manage my residual schizophrenia on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

To manage residual schizophrenia on a daily basis, follow your doctor's treatment plan. The most important thing to do is to continue taking your medication; if you have questions about side-effects or find it difficult to continue taking your medication due to side-effects, you should talk to your doctor. You may also have a treatment plan that includes life skill training and therapy; this should be continued, as well. If you think you are about to enter a more acute phase of your condition, and you are developing symptoms that go along with this, you should talk to your doctor right away.

You may wish to learn some stress management techniques and set goals for yourself. These skills may be covered in life skills training. Controlling the stress you experience and setting achievable goals can help your daily life to be satisfying and fulfilling.

Continue Learning about Residual Schizophrenia