How can we use a family anger warning signal to reduce yelling?

Michele Borba
Families can create a warning signal by making up their own “family signal” such as pulling your ear, holding up a red card or a “Time Out” hand gesture. You agreed upon by all members and it signifies someone is using an inappropriate voice tone. Then use it the second his voice goes one scale above a “normal range” give the signal. It means he needs to lower his voice immediately or you won’t listen.

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

How Your Phone Addiction Is Getting in the Way of Your Relationships
In the age of social media, email and apps, phone addiction is a real thing. When you’re getting push notifications and news alerts every second, it c...
How can I keep an argument with my partner from getting out of control?
Good In BedGood In Bed
If you find yourself in the midst of an argument, try to maintain control, and follow some rules...
What is stereotyping?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Stereotyping is:   Grouping or categorizing persons under one heading and attributing character...
Are Environmental Factors to Blame for Alzheimer's Disease?