How should I deal with changes in my sex life during marriage?

Charles J. Sophy, MD
Adolescent Medicine

Marriage brings a lot of changes for most people and it seems as though the environment for you is very different from what you have been used to. That this may cause some stress in your life is expected but there is no reason for it to affect your sex life permanently. It may be a good idea for you to talk to your spouse about your sexual needs and make sure that you de-stress and leave other issues to other times. Make sure that you spend quality time with your spouse where as a rule you do not talk about stresses but focus on the relationship. This will create an intimacy that will complement sex. In case you feel that other issues are interfering with your sex life, please consult a psychologist.

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Sex is an area where your relationship can be wounded if you are together long enough. Try to be optimistic about your sex life. It will wane and wax and be different during the stages of a long marriage, but please always be optimistic. Remember, you are in this relationship for a lifetime. Each of you changes over your life, and this means sex will be one of the first places you will notice something is not right.
Uncommon H.O.P.E.: A Powerful Guide to Creating an Extraordinary Life

Every day, the little constant stresses and anxieties leave us feeling unfulfilled, not living the best life possible. But what if the life we want to live is with in our grasp and we don't even know...

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

Relationship Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Do you suffer from drama déjà vu? Maybe you and your partner talk in circles without truly understanding what the other is saying. Maybe your connecti...
What can I do to revive my relationship with my partner?
Reflect. Remember what your spouse was like when the two of you first started dating. Focus on the c...
How can I get my partner who has ADD to listen to me?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
I think it's important for your attention deficit disorder (ADD) partner to learn to pay closer ...
Why Are Social Networks Important to Healthcare?