Are men or women at higher risk of developing colorectal cancer?

Colorectal cancer (CRC) affects an equal number of men and women. Many women, however, think of CRC as a disease only affecting men and might be unaware of important information about screening and preventing colorectal cancer that could save their lives, says the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.

Continue Learning about Colorectal Cancer

5 Must-Know Facts About Colonoscopies
5 Must-Know Facts About Colonoscopies
If you’re over age 50 and haven’t had a colon cancer check, you’re not alone. A whopping 23 million Americans have never had a proper test for this ki...
What is a proctectomy with colo-anal anastomosis?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Some stage I and most stage II and III rectal cancers in the middle and lower third of the rectum re...
What increases my risk for rectal cancer?
There are many things that increase your risk for rectal cancer. The most significant are: growi...
What's the Difference Between Treatment for Colon and Rectal Cancer?