What is a dosimetrist?

A dosimetrist has extensive training in physics in addition to training in radiation therapy. Under the direction of the radiation oncologist, the dosimetrist is responsible for calculating the precise doses of radiation that you will be receiving.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

What can I do about loss of appetite from radiation treatment?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
Here are some hints to help you, if you have lost your appetite during treatment. Eat when you'r...
What should I expect during external beam radiation therapy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
During each external beam radiation therapy treatment:You'll sit in a chair or lie on a table. A hea...
What questions should I ask my doctor about radiation therapy for cancer?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
You may want to ask your doctor these questions before having radiation therapy for cancer: Why d...
How does radiation therapy work?
Afshin Rashtian, MDAfshin Rashtian, MD
In radiation therapy, radiation is concentrated on a specific part of the body to kill cancer cells....