Can psychotherapy help to heal problems?

Stephanie Adams
Social Work

Different people will have different opinions about this, but from my perspective the answer is YES. Psychotherapy helps heal problems by helping you first fully understand the problem, so you can know exactly what it is you're dealing with. Once you know what the problem is, you and your therapist can work together to apply proven techniques to begin correcting the problems. This might involve getting rid of unhelpful things in your life, or educating yourself on how a particular problem works.

At its' best, psychotherapy helps you figure out what's not working and teaches you tools to make positive changes in your life. I've often seen my clients experience healing under just these circumstances.

Continue Learning about Psychotherapy To Treat Mental Illness

Can psychotherapy and medication prevent bipolar disorder relapses?
There are studies which indicate that people with bipolar disorder comply more with their medica...
Does talk therapy work?
We're living in a world where there's too much talk - we've got talk shows, talking heads, and peopl...
What is psychotherapy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Psychotheraphy is basically talk therapy. In some studies, talk therapy has been shown to be as ...
5 Steps to Communicate Better with Your Partner