Which foods should I eat to get the most protein in my diet?

Eating cottage cheese instead of yogurt gives you more protein in your diet. Watch the video to find out from Dr. Oz what else you should eat to get the most protein in your diet.
Laura Motosko, MSEd, RD

Good sources of protein include tofu, nuts, seeds, lentils, beans, beef, chicken, turkey, fish, pork, eggs, milk, cheese and yogurt. Aim to alternate and include a variety of these protein sources at every meal and snack. Try a parfait with plain yogurt, fresh fruit and cereal. Boil eggs to have on hand in the refrigerator, or packets of tuna or salmon, cheese slices with whole grain Ezekiel brand bread. Drink cow's milk or soy milk between meals. Make a trail mix with dried fruit, granola and nuts.

Judy Caplan
Lean proteins are best. These proteins contain the least amount of fat. White breast of chicken and turkey, lean filet of beef, flank steak, loin lamb chops are examples of lean protein. Low fat cheese, cottage cheese, low fat yogurt, and egg whites are other examples of lean protein. Beans and tofu also contain lots of good protein.

Continue Learning about Protein

Breeze Through Today with This Festive Protein
Feeling frazzled? Have another helping of the main course—if the main course is turkey. Thankfully, skinless turkey is chock-full of B vitamins that ...
How much protein do I need?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Protein should comprise 10 to 20 percent of total caloric intake. On a 2000 calorie per day diet...
How can I reduce my CRP or hs-CRP level?
The high sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) blood test lets you know the amount of inflamma...
What's the Best Time to Eat Protein?
What's the Best Time to Eat Protein?