How can I get the most nutrition from proteins?

Meat and other protein-rich foods such as fish, poultry, meat, eggs, cheese, and tofu are good sources of iron, zinc, and B vitamins. To get the most good from these foods:
  • Eat fish more often.
  • Choose lean cuts of meat and trim excess fat from poultry -- and keep servings about the size of a deck of cards.
  • Choose fat-free or low-fat cheese.
  • Instead of frying, bake, broil, or roast meats.

Continue Learning about Protein

Is Chicken Really as Bad for You as Red Meat?
Nearly 70 years ago, a Swiss accordion player created the “Duck Dance.” A few decades later, a German band performed the song at an Oktoberfest celebr...
How much protein should I eat per meal?
Tim FerrissTim Ferriss
There's a popular (mis)belief that the human body can't absorb more than 30 grams of protein per mea...
What is high-quality protein?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Proteins are found in both animal and vegetable sources. However, each food source contains differin...
Why Should I Include Protein in My Breakfast?