Is it safe to have sex after prostate seed implantation?

After prostate seed implantation (a procedure in which small radioactive "seeds" are implanted into your prostate gland):
  • It is safe to sleep with your partner (if she is not pregnant) and continue to have sexual relations.
  • Wear a condom for two weeks after the implant.
  • It is normal for your sperm to be colored dark brown to black. This is caused by bleeding that may have occurred during the implant and is now being released into the ejaculate.

Continue Learning about Prostate Cancer Treatment

Double-Punch Treatment Best for Prostate Cancer
Love him or hate him, the fact is that heavyweight champ Mike Tyson won his first 19 professional bouts with knockouts—12 of them in the first round—b...
What is the least invasive treatment for prostate cancer?
Ranjeev K. Nanda, MDRanjeev K. Nanda, MD
The external beam radiation therapies, including proton therapy, are the least invasive treatmen...
What are some promising new therapies for prostate cancer?
A variety of new and different treatment options for prostate cancer are currently being studied. Su...
I've Just Been Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, What Do I Need to Do?