When should I call my doctor if I am taking Heather?

If you're taking the birth control pill Heather (norethindrone), call your doctor if you find out you're pregnant, you get off schedule with your pill routine and aren't sure what to do or if you experience sudden or severe pain in your lower abdomen or stomach area, a symptom of ectopic (outside the uterus) pregnancy. You should also call your doctor if your periods become very irregular or you have a lot of spotting between periods or if you develop headaches, breast tenderness, nausea or dizziness that becomes severe.

Continue Learning about Progestin

What is progestin?
The term progestin usually refers to a synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone, which wome...
Should I be taking progestin along with Evamist?
Typically, if a woman still has her uterus and is taking some form of estrogen, doctors will decide ...