You can get the low-dose, over-the-counter progesterone cream formulas at most health food stores, or from many holistic practitioners' offices. It's important to look for "United States Pharmacopeia (USP) progesterone" on the ingredient list; that's the active ingredient you want. Progesterone creams are also made to order at compounding pharmacies by prescription, which might be ideal (if this option is available to you) to ensure potency and quality.
- Q What conditions is progesterone used to treat?
- Q Who should not use progesterone injection?
- Q How important is progesterone to women?
- Q Can progesterone cream help women in menopause?
- Q Does progesterone cause dizziness?
- Q Is progesterone cream better than pills for improving health?