What is progesterone injection?

Progesterone injection is a prescription medication used to treat women who have too little of the hormone progesterone in their bodies. It is prescribed for women who have not gone through menopause but who have stopped having a menstrual cycle. Progesterone can cause the menstrual cycle. Additionally, it can be used to treat women who have unusual bleeding in the uterus caused by low hormone levels.

Continue Learning about Progesterone

Where can I buy a progesterone cream?
Marcy Holmes, MSN, NPMarcy Holmes, MSN, NP
You can get the low-dose, over-the-counter progesterone cream formulas at most health food stores, o...
Is progesterone cream better than pills for improving health?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
For many women, hormone replacement therapy is not an ideal way to deal with the natural depletion o...
Where does progesterone come from?
Elena H. Yanushpolsky, MDElena H. Yanushpolsky, MD
Progesterone is a hormone that is secreted by the ovary after ovulation. During the first two weeks ...
How should I use progesterone?
The use of progesterone depends on the form it was prescribed in and the condition it is used fo...