In nonablative laser treatment, the energy from laser beam heats middle layers of skin, leaving the top layer intact, which stimulates collagen growth.
What it's best for: Improving mild to moderate wrinkling, rough texture, and superficial pigment irregularities.
Average cost: $850+ per treatment.
Number of treatments: Three to four treatments over two to three months.
Risks and recovery time: Redness and swelling last a few days. Lesions, such as sun spots, may form dark crusts before disappearing.
Inside scoop: Topical anesthetic or local anesthesia is used to relieve stinging sensation.
- Q What are the risks of laser resurfacing?
- Q What are resurfacing laser treatments?
- Q What is fractional resurfacing for skin?
- Q How can laser treatments help my skin?
- Q What are the benefits of skin resurfacing?
- Q How does skin resurfacing work?