What is the most recommended type of dermatological product?

Patricia Farris, MD
Dermatology

Dermatologists will often recommend a moisturizer for their patients.  We use moisturizers to keep the skin hydrated and to prevent it from cracking and fissuring. This is important because when the skin is cracked and fissured the skin barrier becomes compromised leaving it prone to irritation and infections. Unfortunately there is no one size fits all when it comes to moisturizers. if you have oily skin you will require a different type of moisturizer than someone with dry skin. For this reason it is helpful to have your dermatologist recommend a specific product for you. 

Moisturizers are the most recommended products in dermatology. Keeping skin moisturized is essential to maintaining healthy skin.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

How much does carboxytherapy cost?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Carboxytherapy often requires multiple treatments, so costs can add up. Prices can vary depending on...
How can I treat thinning lips?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Treat thinning lips with a simple solution: lip fillers! Luckily, there’s no shortage of volumizers...
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?
What Are the Advantages of Botox Treatment Over Facial Plastic Surgery?