What is the most recommended type of dermatological product?

Moisturizers are the most recommended products in dermatology. Keeping skin moisturized is essential to maintaining healthy skin.

Patricia Farris, MD
Dermatology

Dermatologists will often recommend a moisturizer for their patients.  We use moisturizers to keep the skin hydrated and to prevent it from cracking and fissuring. This is important because when the skin is cracked and fissured the skin barrier becomes compromised leaving it prone to irritation and infections. Unfortunately there is no one size fits all when it comes to moisturizers. if you have oily skin you will require a different type of moisturizer than someone with dry skin. For this reason it is helpful to have your dermatologist recommend a specific product for you. 

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

How can I deal with pain from a cosmetic treatment?
The reality is that some treatments do hurt: Lip-plumping injections, for instance, often elicit whi...
What is carboxytherapy?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Carboxytherapy refers to the injection of carbon dioxide gas just under the skin's surface. The proc...
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?
Are There Risks In Injections to Remove Dark Eye Circles?