Are there risks in injections to remove dark eye circles?

Haideh Hirmand, MD
Plastic Surgery
Risks to getting injections around the eyes include temporary bruising/swelling, lumpiness, and injecting into a vessel that may cause blindness. In this video, plastic surgeon Haideh Hirmand, MD, explains the risks and some key recommendations. 
William I. Kestin, MD
Ophthalmology
Watch as opthamologist and non-surgical facial rejuvenation specialist Dr. William Kestin discusses the risks involved in getting injections to remove dark circles around the eyes and why it's important to visit an opthamologist for this type of treatment.

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

What should I be aware of when considering nonsurgical cosmetic treatments?
There are a few things to be aware of when considering nonsurgical cosmetic treatments. Despite the ...
What is the most recommended type of dermatological product?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
Dermatologists will often recommend a moisturizer for their patients.  We use moisturizers to keep t...
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?
What Are the Advantages of Botox Treatment Over Facial Plastic Surgery?