What should I do with leftover prescription medication?

Some people try to save money by keeping medication for possible future use, but this is a sure-fire way to get older. Once you have used a drug for its intended purpose (and in the manner prescribed), throw the rest away. Pills can change their composition over time. Also, by getting rid of extra bottles, you reduce the risk that you or others will take the wrong pill accidentally.

Continue Learning about Prescription Drug Adherence

Skipping Your Meds? Here's Why That's a Bad Idea
Taking medication is necessary for millions of people; it's estimated between 50 and 70 percent of US adults have a prescription at any given time. Wh...
Which medicines come with the chance of adverse effects?
Every day millions of us snap off the top of a medicine bottle with the hopes that it will prevent, ...
Can medicines be crushed?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
That depends. Some can, some cannot. Generally, if it is a standard medication, it *MAY* be able to ...
How Can I Prevent an Antibiotic-Resistant Infection?