What do organ transplantation coordinators do?

Your pre-transplantation and post-transplantation coordinators will visit you together every day until you are discharged from the hospital. They will answer any questions you may have, review your medications as well as discuss possible side effects and drug interactions, and prepare you for necessary lifestyle changes and follow-up regimens. In general, they continue to educate you and your family on the often complex post-transplantation process.

Continue Learning about Preparing For A Lung Transplant

What happens after I've been evaluated for a lung transplant?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
People that decide to pursue a lung transplant are placed on a waiting list. Being "placed on the li...
How do I prepare for a lung transplant?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Maintaining or even improving your health during this waiting period is vitally important. Some guid...
What tests are performed before lung transplant surgery?
Lyall A. Gorenstein, MDLyall A. Gorenstein, MD
The following tests are performed before lung transplant surgery: Chest x-ray and, in selected p...
If I need a lung transplant, what happens when a donor lung is found?
When your transplant team is alerted that a compatible donor organ is available for you, your co...