Who should not take prednisone?

You should not take the steroid prednisone if you have a fungal infection or if you've had an allergic reaction to it in the past. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, prednisone may harm your baby, so you should talk to your doctor about whether this medication is right for you. Certain medical conditions can increase your risk for side effects from prednisone, so before you start taking it, tell your doctor about any health problems you have or have had.

Continue Learning about PredniSONE

Can I take prednisone if I am breastfeeding?
If you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed, talk to your doctor about whether it's safe ...
Can prednisone worsen my high blood pressure?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Prednisone raises blood pressure in many people who take it. One reason is that prednisone and o...
How does prednisone for a lung transplant affect vision?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
The immunosuppressant prednisone can cause cataract and initiate changes in your vision. It is impor...
How soon after starting prednisone will my symptoms improve?
How soon symptoms improve after you start taking the steroid prednisone depends on a number of f...