What should I do if I miss a dose of prednisone?

When you start taking prednisone, ask your doctor what to do if you miss a dose and write down the instructions. If you can't remember, call your doctor or pharmacist. Do not take a double dose of prednisone to make up for one you missed.

Continue Learning about PredniSONE

How does prednisone for a lung transplant affect vision?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
The immunosuppressant prednisone can cause cataract and initiate changes in your vision. It is impor...
When can I stop taking prednisone?
When you can stop taking the steroid prednisone depends on why you're taking it and how you resp...
If I am pregnant, is it safe to take prednisone?
It may not be safe to take the steroid drug prednisone during pregnancy. Researchers haven't stu...
Can prednisone worsen my high blood pressure?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Prednisone raises blood pressure in many people who take it. One reason is that prednisone and o...