Prednisone can increase sodium and water retention and increase your blood pressure. Therefore, sodium may need to be restricted in your diet. The "no added salt" diet is generally prescribed. Salt contains sodium, so it is best to limit salt when cooking and not add salt at the table. Salt substitutes are high in potassium and should only be used with your doctor's permission. Avoid high-sodium foods.
- Q When should I call my doctor if I am taking prednisone?
- Q What should I avoid while taking prednisone?
- Q Can I take prednisone if I am breastfeeding?
- Q What should I know about prednisone before taking it?
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of prednisone?
- Q What are the side effects of predisone?