Prednisone can increase sodium and water retention and increase your blood pressure. Therefore, sodium may need to be restricted in your diet. The "no added salt" diet is generally prescribed. Salt contains sodium, so it is best to limit salt when cooking and not add salt at the table. Salt substitutes are high in potassium and should only be used with your doctor's permission. Avoid high-sodium foods.
- Q What high-sodium foods should I avoid while taking prednisone?
- Q How does taking prednisone affect my diabetes?
- Q What are the side effects of predisone?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of prednisone?
- Q What is prednisone?
- Q What are the side effects of long-term prednisone use?