If I am diagnosed with PTSD, will it hurt my military career?

There are still a lot of myths and misunderstanding about post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Veterans with PTSD often worry about what others think of them, fear that they may be seen as weak, and may be concerned about the impact of a PTSD diagnosis on their military career. Because of these concerns, not enough veterans with PTSD are getting the help they need to overcome the disorder and its stigma, and go on to productive lives. Mental health problems have many causes, and even the strongest and bravest among us can suffer psychological injury. Fortunately, as the condition becomes better understood, there are more resources for dealing with it, and more acknowledgement of PTSD in the military.

Continue Learning about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): What You Need to Know
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a serious and potentially debilitating condition that can affect a person following a traumatic event, such a...
Is post-traumatic stress disorder a permanent condition?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
There is disagreement on the subject of whether or not post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can be ...
How many veterans in the U.S. have post-traumatic stress disorder?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
The tracking of cases of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is usually done by specific conflict....
Dr. Oz Explains PTSD
Dr. Oz Explains PTSD