Are there alternative treatments for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?

There are no alternative treatments for PTSD, but there are several ways you can manage the symptoms. Taking care of yourself by exercising, eating a balanced diet, and getting enough rest will help you get through it. Keep connected to family and friends. Follow your doctor's instructions and consider other support groups in addition to individual therapy.

Continue Learning about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Treatment

PTSD: A Treatment That Works
PTSD: A Treatment That Works
Trauma is more common than you may think. In the U.S. 60 percent of men and 50 percent of women have experienced at least one highly traumatic or terr...
PTSD Treatments That Could Work for You
PTSD Treatments That Could Work for You
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can occur after any event—a car accident, a battle, a heart attack—that’s considered traumatizing, either to the...
Should I get treatment if I have post-traumatic stress disorder?
Seeking help is the first step in treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If you are experie...
How long will I need treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Length of treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) depends on the individual veteran. It ...