Should I talk to my doctor about symptoms of industrial waste poisoning?

Symptoms of industrial waste poisoning often occur almost immediately after a person has been exposed to a toxic chemical. For example, in the case of exposure to hydrogen cyanide, symptoms that might develop right away include weakness, vomiting, headache, a feeling of confusion or anxiety, and exhaustion. These symptoms may further develop into respiratory distress, and then, in some cases, coma or death. If a person is exposed to industrial waste, emergency procedures may need to be taken. If you believe you have been exposed to a toxic substance, it is important to tell your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
What happens when I call the National Poison Control Center hotline?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
When you call this number, your call is automatically routed to your regional poison control cen...
How can I prevent severe poisoning?
Follow these rules to prevent poisoning:• Choose products in containers that are hard for children t...
How can I tell if a home product is poisonous?
Almost anything can be poisonous if it is used the wrong way, in the wrong amount, or by the wro...