Which are the most problematic pesticides for my health?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Perhaps the most problematic pesticides are the halogenated hydrocarbon family, such as DDE, PCB, PCP, dieldrin, and chlordane. These chemicals persist in the environment almost indefinitely. For example, a similar pesticide, DDT, has been banned for nearly thirty years, yet it can still be found in soil and root vegetables, such as carrots and potatoes. Our bodies have a tough time detoxifying and eliminating these compounds, which end up being stored in our fat cells.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Pesticides

What pesticides are potential cancer causing compounds?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has identified 64 pesticides as potential cancer-causing c...
Are the pesticides in my food dangerous?
The truth is, doctors don't know what the long-term effects of most pesticides will be. Watch th...
Is There a Connection Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Pesticide Exposure?
Are Pesticide Residue Levels in Food Monitored?