Should I talk to my doctor about my pleural effusion symptoms?

To determine the underlying cause of your symptoms, it is very important to talk to your doctor. Since the causes of pleural effusion vary in severity and treatment options, early detection may be important. Failure to diagnose some of these conditions may lead to complications of pleural effusion, or of the underlying disease.

Continue Learning about Pleural Effusion

What is pleural effusion?
Pleural effusion is the accumulation of fluid in the pleural space, which is the area between the pl...
How is pleural effusion treated?
Treatment for pleural effusion involves removing the excess fluid in the pleural cavity, keeping the...
What is the rate of incidence for pleural effusion?
Pleural effusion is a fairly common condition seen by doctors. It is estimated to occur in as high a...
How does pleural effusion affect the function of the lungs?
The main effect of pleural effusion is its effect on the lungs. If the pleural effusion becomes larg...