Should I talk to my doctor about my pleural effusion symptoms?

To determine the underlying cause of your symptoms, it is very important to talk to your doctor. Since the causes of pleural effusion vary in severity and treatment options, early detection may be important. Failure to diagnose some of these conditions may lead to complications of pleural effusion, or of the underlying disease.

Continue Learning about Pleural Effusion

How is pleural effusion, a pleural cavity disorder, diagnosed?
A doctor can make a preliminary diagnosis of pleural effusion by using a stethoscope to listen to th...
How is pleural effusion treated?
Treatment for pleural effusion involves removing the excess fluid in the pleural cavity, keeping the...
Are there alternative treatments for pleural effusions?
Currently there are no alternative therapies for pleural effusions. They often resolve without treat...
How does pleural effusion affect the function of the lungs?
The main effect of pleural effusion is its effect on the lungs. If the pleural effusion becomes larg...