Can pituitary disorders be prevented?

Pituitary disorders cannot be prevented. The cause of non-cancerous tumors of the pituitary gland, the most common form of the condition, is not known. Testing for multiple endocrine neoplasia, type I can help determine if you are at greater risk for a tumor of the pituitary gland.

Continue Learning about Pituitary Disorders

What is pituitary gigantism?
Everyday actions, like getting into a car, going through doors, sitting at a table can be chall...
How do pituitary disorders affect women differently than men?
Pituitary disorders can have a major effect on a woman's menstrual cycle. When the pituitary causes ...
How long do pituitary disorders last?
Pituitary disorders usually take the form of non-cancerous tumors of the pituitary gland and last un...
Should I be worried about pituitary disorders?
Pituitary disorders are not common. They generally affect older adults and take the form of a tumor ...