What is the cost of caring for someone who is paralyzed?

The cost of caring for someone who is paralyzed can be significant. Exactly how much depends on the extent of the disability. However, it is estimated that the cost of caring for someone with a spinal column injury can average as much as $148,000 a year. For those with mobility impairments requiring less attention, the cost can be reduced to around $17,000 per year.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stuttere...
How can I navigate on a tech device if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...
Should I make an exercise schedule regardless of disability?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
An exercise schedule should always be constructed regardless of your restrictions.  If we do not set...
How are speech impairments diagnosed?
Rebecca JarzynskiRebecca Jarzynski
Speech impairments are usually diagnosed by a speech-language therapist. People are often referred t...