How can I navigate on a tech device if I'm disabled?

Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use the full range of the device's features. Accessibility options are usually found in the device's system settings or preferences.

With technology becoming so necessary for everyday life, you'll find more accessibility features being developed all the time. There are several ways to navigate on a device: a mouse, a trackpad, a keyboard and touch sensors to name a few. While you can use your fingers on touch-sensitive devices, there are styluses (pointer- or pen-like tools) that make it easier. Styluses are usually more accurate than your finger and help keep your screen clean. They are very low-cost and can be purchased almost anywhere technology is sold.

If you find that the display scrolls too fast or the device is too sensitive when you select something, there are a variety of adjustments you can make. This is especially useful if you have fine motor issues.

Continue Learning about Physical Disabilities

Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
Early Intervention to Stop Stuttering
What do Winston Churchill and James Earl Jones have in common besides a deep voice and a robust stature? They were both stutterers. Stuttering that l...
What is the Disability Status Scale (DSS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Most disability scales used in the United States today only measure physical impairment and the ab...
What is a certified orthotist?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
An orthotist is a practitioner who helps people with disabilities of the spine and limbs. Orthotics ...
How can voice software assist me if I'm disabled?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Most of today's tech devices have features that make it easier for people with disabilities to use t...