Who pays for treatment of social phobia?

Most insurance plans cover treatment for anxiety disorders. People who are going to have treatment should check with their own insurance companies to find out about coverage. For people who don't have insurance, local city or county governments may offer treatment at a clinic or health center, where the cost is based on income. Medicaid plans also may pay for social phobia treatment.

This information is based on source information from the National Institute of Mental Health.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
What is coulrophobia?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns. Horror writer Ramsey Campbell noted that he thinks people are af...
What are some common phobias?
Some of the more common phobias are agoraphobia, a fear of being unable to escape social situations,...
How do I know if the kind of phobia I have is serious?
To know whether or not the phobia you have is serious, ask yourself how greatly it interrupts your a...