What is coulrophobia?

Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns. Horror writer Ramsey Campbell noted that he thinks people are afraid of clowns because of their unchanging yet forced cheerful faces.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
How common are phobias?
Individual phobias are not actually common. In fact, they are very rare. Social phobias and anxiety ...
How will my phobia affect my children?
Your own phobias may make it more likely that your children will suffer from phobias of their own. A...
What do I need to know about caring for someone who has a phobia?
If you are caring for someone you feel may have a phobia, it will be important to help them get an o...