What is coulrophobia?

Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns. Horror writer Ramsey Campbell noted that he thinks people are afraid of clowns because of their unchanging yet forced cheerful faces.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
What can I do if I freeze when approaching narrow spaces?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
To get “unstuck” from a freeze that may occur when you approach narrow spaces, try these tips:Do...
How common are phobias?
Individual phobias are not actually common. In fact, they are very rare. Social phobias and anxiety ...
Do phobias affect children differently than adults?
Phobias can affect both adults and children, and children of anxious parents are more likely to deve...