Should I talk to my doctor about my phobia symptoms?

You may want to speak to your doctor about your phobia symptoms, as phobias sometimes require the supportive guidance of a medical or mental health professional. If you have intense or irrational fear of a particular situation or object that is interrupting your ability to live your life and manage your responsibilities on a daily basis, it is important to get support. A medical professional can prescribe a treatment program that will help you manage or put an end to your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
What research is being done regarding phobias?
Currently, there is research being done to test the effectiveness of new drug therapies on the anxie...
How do other illnesses affect phobias?
If you have intense phobias you could be more likely to use alcohol and drugs to numb or dissipate s...
Why do we often freeze up during public speaking?
This response is called tonic immobility, and it's not be confused with the inability to walk out of...