How common are phobias?

Individual phobias are not actually common. In fact, they are very rare. Social phobias and anxiety disorders are a bit more common compared to other phobias. They impact about 7 percent of men and 9 percent of women annually.

Continue Learning about Phobias

How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
How to Overcome Your Fear of Air Travel
As Erica Jong, author of the 1973 feminist novel Fear of Flying, wrote, way down deep almost everyone has a fear of letting go. But air travel is incr...
What can I do if I freeze when approaching narrow spaces?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
To get “unstuck” from a freeze that may occur when you approach narrow spaces, try these tips:Do...
Are phobias serious?
Most phobias are not serious and will not greatly impact your ability to live your everyday life. Ev...
How common are blood phobias?
Blood phobias are not actually that common in the population as a whole. About 5 percent of people s...