What should I do if I miss a dose of Prepopik?

If you forget to take one of your two doses of the pre-colonoscopy laxative Prepopik (sodium picosulfate, magnesium oxide and citric acid), ask your doctor what you should do. To completely clear the colon for your colonoscopy, you must take two packets of Prepopik with fluids and take them on the schedule your doctor prescribes. Do not take the second dose earlier than six hours after the first dose or later than five hours before your colonoscopy. Do not take two doses of this laxative at the same time. If you forget to use Prepopik before your procedure, tell your doctor. You may need to reschedule your colonoscopy.

Continue Learning about Pharmacology

Beware of Frauds and the Damage They Can Do
Whether it’s the true story of Frank Abignale, Jr. (Leonardo DiCaprio) in Catch Me If You Can, or a male sexual enhancement product called XtraHRD—ini...
How effective is phentermine and topiramate for weight loss?
In large studies, about 70% of people taking a 15 mg/92 mg dose of Qsymia as part of a diet and exer...
What are the side effects of statin drugs?
John M. Kennedy, MDJohn M. Kennedy, MD
Side effects of statin drugs include muscle weakness and inflammation, as well as liver inflammation...
What Is an International Unit?
What Is an International Unit?