Does pesticide food poisoning affect children differently than adults?

Children are affected by pesticides more often than are adults. Researchers believe this is for two reasons. Children are more curious and would often eat some items that their parents would know to be unhealthy. Children consume a greater amount in proportion to their size than adults do, making any poison more potent in their system. According to a 2008 study, pesticides were ninth out of 25 categories that children ingested when they were less than age five.

Continue Learning about Pesticide Food Poisoning

What increases my risk for pesticide food poisoning?
Children are most at risk for pesticide food poisoning because of their undeveloped immune systems. ...
What are the symptoms of pesticide food poisoning?
The symptoms of pesticide food poisoning can include fever, stomach ache, vomiting, fatigue, and dia...
Are there alternative treatments for pesticide food poisoning?
If you are experiencing the symptoms of pesticide food poisoning, you should contact your doctor rig...
How do I care for someone with pesticide food poisoning?
You can care for someone with pesticide food poisoning by giving them the support and care that they...