Why is optimism good for me?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
It is essential for your health to try to think positive and be optimistic. In this video, Dr. Robin Miller explains why looking on the bright side is good for the entire body.

Sharine Forbes
Geriatric Medicine

Schnittker and McLeod (2005) recognize that specific personality traits such as optimism and lack of hostility can help impede the progression of disease and can even help increase the life expectancy of an individual. Additionally, the MacArthur study suggests that those who possess a “self-efficacy” quality will also age better because they have a more optimistic outlook on overall aging process (Williams & Kemper, 2010).

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is greed?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Greed is fear-driven emotion. Greed is when you believe that you never have enough. Individuals ...
How do I put an end to struggle and conflict?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
The biblical injunction to turn the other cheek makes little senseto your ego. When it feels pushed,...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?