Why is it hard for me to say no at work?

Karen R Koenig
There are quite a number of them. Again, let me remind you that doing your fair share and even going overboard once in a while are desirable traits in an employee. Putting in an extra hour here or there, volunteering, or occasionally taking on an odious task that no one wants to do shows initiative, spunk, passion, team spirit, drive, leadership, and commitment to your job. If you do these things for the right reasons, you feel proud of yourself and other people will rightfully admire you and might even view you as a role model. What you want to avoid, however, is earning the label of chump, self-sacrificer, angel, soft touch, or Saint Arlene.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Are extroverts happier than introverts?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Extroverts have been shown to have higher levels of happiness, but researchers say they might just h...
What is the difference between pain and suffering?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Many people confuse pain with suffering. We have to realize, first of all, that pain is not the same...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?