What are people with Enneagram type three personalities like?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Threes rule. And I don't mean that in some third-grade playground sort of way. They actually do rule the world. Look at all the high-level politicians, business tycoons, and media moguls, and you will find a shockingly disproportionate number of Threes. Threes are driven by the need to succeed. They are generally self-assured, social, confident, efficient, and ambitious. Today, in twenty-first-century America, it's a very good thing to be a Three. At least it looks like a good thing . . .

Threes are about appearances. They like to stay on the surface, where their accomplishments and charisma will win them accolades and hot dates. They prefer interacting with groups of people, where everyone can be suitably impressed. One on one and genuine intimacy is no fun. How do you win at intimacy? (Yes, winning is a big deal for Threes.) Whatever they do, they do it well. Not just well. They do it "the best!" Threes really get off on being the best.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can I deal objectively with my suffering?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
For all of us, suffering is intensely subjective. When pain isintense, it gives rise to thoughts of ...
What is the problem with Enneagram type three personalities?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Threes shine. Charm leaks from their pores. It's hard to resist a confident, energetic, attractive T...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?