What does it mean not to cling?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
My soul knows me as joyful because I am free.

This affirmation is about freedom. After saying this affirmation,practice not clinging to anything for the rest of the day. Notclinging means accepting whatever happens without protest orresistance. Through acceptance you make yourself available. You aresaying, "I give you permission to be with me as I am with myself."Acceptance puts other people at ease, which in turn makes lovepossible. If you are full and complete in yourself, if you lacknothing, if your desires come and go easily, you will always befree. In this freedom there is total joy. You cannot be hurt, notin your true self.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Will people stop liking me if I become less nice?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
It’s not a matter of people liking you, but of your liking you. The rule of thumb is that true intim...
What is spiritual transformation?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
If transformation is the norm, then spiritual transformation falls into place as an extension of whe...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?