How do I make choices without getting trapped?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Everyone knows how to choose; few know how to let go. It's only by letting go of each experience that you make room for the next.

Choice should be a flow. Your body already suggests that this is the natural way to exist. As we saw earlier, each cell maintains only enough reserve of food and oxygen to survive for a few seconds. Cells don't store up energy because they never know what's coming next. Flexible responses are much more important to survival than hoarding. From one viewpoint, this makes your cells look entirely vulnerable and undefended, yet as fragile as a cell may appear, two billion years of evolution can't be denied.

The skill of letting go can be learned; once learned, you will enjoy living much more spontaneously.

How to choose without getting trapped:

• Make the most of every experience
• Don't obsess over right and wrong decisions
• Stop defending your self-image
• Go beyond risks
• Make no decision when in doubt
• See the possibilities in whatever happens
• Find the stream of joy

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is triangulation and why should I try my damdest to avoid it?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
This is probably a new strategy for you. You may not even know what it means. Triangulation refers t...
How can I learn to take criticism and negative feedback better?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
What a doozy of a skill for any of us. It’s never fun to hear negative things about yourself. Howeve...
How Can I Better Understand That Death Is Essential to Life?