How does my ego view my spiritual journey?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Your ego wants to gain from the soul - too eagerly, in fact. Onceyou turn its attention toward spirit, your ego mistakes it foranother race to win, another goal to accomplish, another result toachieve. In other words, it translates everything spiritual intoterms it can understand. On a mass scale we witness this tendencywhen people hate and go to war in the name of God. They co-optspirit to justify their selfish agendas.

There is no escaping this tendency, because until it reaches theend of life's journey and gets absorbed into the soul, your egowill never stop assuming that the path is for the glory of itself."I am enlightened" is just as selfish a statement as "I know how towin." Your soul is the one thing ego will never win for you, thusit is essential to learn to distinguish the ego's values from thevalues of the true self.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
What is the problem with Enneagram type three personalities?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Threes shine. Charm leaks from their pores. It's hard to resist a confident, energetic, attractive T...
How do I learn to take risks in life?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
This probably comes as no surprise, but nice girls aren’t big risk takers. You like to play things s...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?