How can I use my strengths more effectively?

Ronald Siegel
Pick one of your strengths and use it in a new way every day for a week. Think of ways to use this strength in a positive way with a family member, co-worker, or friend. For example:
  • Plunge into a new activity that makes you nervous, like public speaking (bravery).
  • Read an article or watch a documentary on something you know nothing about (curiosity).
  • Make your week free of insincere comments (self-control).
  • Set a beautiful table for an ordinary meal (appreciation of beauty).
  • Read an editorial or listen to a talk radio show that you disagree with and consider the legitimate points it may raise (open-mindedness).
  • Find an alternative use for an ordinary household object (creativity).
  • Write a note to someone you love and tuck it where the person will find it—in a briefcase, in a lunchbox, or under a pillow (love).

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Can helping others lessen my own suffering?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
On a practical level, nothing alleviates suffering like reaching out to another person who is suffer...
What are perceptions?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Reinforcing a perception: Perceptions are fluid unless we seal them in place. The self is like a con...
How Should We Feel When We Think We Think About Death?