What is the first step to healing my shadow self?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
We are all aware of having dark impulses, which include hatred,fear, and aggression. These impulses arise from the unconscious,and our normal response is to keep them there. We push the darkside out of sight, yet it doesn't go away. It seeks expression, asall energies will. Healing isn't possible when dark energies arekept bottled inside.

To begin healing, invite the shadow self back into your awareness.This isn't the same as acting out rage or terror or revenge. Youare only sending a message that you are no longer shunning theshadow self; you are acknowledging its right to exist.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
As a nice girl, why do I need to balance my work and personal lives?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
Reaching a balance encourages you to throw yourself into goal-oriented tasks and feel good about acc...
What is the link between suffering and clinging?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Sanskrit's second klesha says that a person suffers because of clinging, which means clinging to any...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?