How can I become an unchanging observer?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
At the soul level you are a silent witness who experiences theworld with joyful detachment. That is a real experience, one youcan share. But to have it, the claims of ego and personality mustbe overcome. Their claim is that "I" is a being who is born anddies, who lives inside your body, and who is affected by theconstant changes in its world.

Fighting against this assertion will not work, because ego andpersonality want to survive beyond all else, and have manystrategies for doing so. Allow them to be what they are. Your egorepresents individuality in separation; your personality representsan amalgam of all the relationships you have had since you wereborn. Yet be aware that you stand apart from both. In moments ofquiet awareness, know that you are the silent witness. You are theinward dweller that is the source of all experience.

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
Have we become trapped by the act of choosing?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Simply put, yes, but this is a surprising idea because it runs counter to a lifelong behavior. For a...
How do perfectionists react to becoming mothers?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
A new mother with perfectionist tendencies expects herself to be a perfect mother from the momen...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?