How does affirmation help develop a positive mental attitude?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Use affirmations. An affirmation is a positive statement with some emotional intensity behind it. Affirmations can make an imprint on the subconscious mind to create a healthy, positive self-image. In addition, affirmations can actually fuel the changes you desire. I use certain phrases and sentences as affirmations each day. I have these affirmations in plain sight on my desk:

I am blessed with an abundance of energy! Love, joy, and happiness flow through me with every heartbeat. I am thankful to God for all my good fortune! YES I CAN!
What the Drug Companies Won't Tell You and Your Doctor Doesn't Know: The Alternative Treatments That May Change Your Life--and the Prescriptions That Could Harm You

From one of today's leading authorities on natural medicine comes a provocative look into how the pharmaceutical and medical industries have created our current health crisis and a practical guide to...

Continue Learning about Personality

All About You: Personality Trait or Disorder?
Is your personality trait idiosyncratic and somewhat endearing? Or is it so destructive that it changes the way you and others around you live? With ...
How can I achieve true tolerance?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Merely tolerating another person is a distortion of true tolerance.True tolerance comes about when y...
How do people get lost in their pain?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Pain has a subjective component and how we assess pain is completely individual. By not renouncing t...
Why Does Death Scare Us?
Why Does Death Scare Us?