How do personality disorders affect the body?

Personality disorders are a group of mental illnesses that affect the mind rather than the body. When someone has a personality disorder, the way they think, respond to situations, and interact with others is often impaired. The impairment can reach a point that someone with this disorder finds it hard to have relationships, work, go to school, or carry out the normal functions of life. They may be unable to deal with the common stresses that occur in everyday life.

Continue Learning about Personality Disorders

What causes personality disorders?
The causes for personality disorders are believed to be genes and circumstances in one's environment...
Are personality disorders serious?
Yes, personality disorders can be serious. If allowed to go untreated, symptoms can be disruptive to...
How Can I Set Priorities If I Am a Perfectionist?
What Brain Exercises Can Help People with Personality Disorders?