Personality disorders are a group of mental illnesses that affect the mind rather than the body. When someone has a personality disorder, the way they think, respond to situations, and interact with others is often impaired. The impairment can reach a point that someone with this disorder finds it hard to have relationships, work, go to school, or carry out the normal functions of life. They may be unable to deal with the common stresses that occur in everyday life.
- Q What causes personality disorders?
- Q What is avoidant personality disorder?
- Q Do personality disorders affect children differently than adults?
- Q What is a personality disorder?
- Q How do I care for someone with a personality disorder?
- Q What is a psychopath?