How can braces help prevent gum recession?

Braces can improve the position of a tooth that is prominently positioned. If the tooth is brought back into alignment with the other teeth, there may be some slight improvement in the recession. However, typically severe recession can only be corrected surgically.

Braces correct protruding and misaligned teeth and bad bites, all of which contribute to gum recession. In addition, braces can improve oral health by making it easier for you to reach and clean all of your teeth.

Continue Learning about Periodontitis

What Is Gum Disease?
What Is Gum Disease?
“A chronic infection leads to chronic inflammation and an immune system that’s in overdrive all the time,” says Nancy Newhouse, DDS, MS, a board-certi...
Does gum disease lead to bone loss?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you notice swelling and redness in the tissues around your teeth, you may have periodontitis, a f...
How do I manage my periodontitis on a daily basis?
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile
Walk Your Way to a Nicer Smile