Are penis disorders genetic?

Certain penis disorders may be caused by genetic factors, but that isn't the case for all conditions that affect the penis. In fact, most penis disorders are caused by things like infection, injury, blood flow, and other issues that aren't inherited. Some penis disorders, like Peyronie's disease, may be influenced by genetic factors. Other genetic disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome may also affect the penis. In some cases, certain medical conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and multiple sclerosis may lead to penis disorders, and it's possible for these to be passed on from parents to their children. If you have a family history of any medical conditions that may lead to penis disorders, it's a good idea to talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Penis Disorders

Can I get my partner pregnant if I have a penis disorder?
The ability to get a woman pregnant depends on what specific penis disorder you have. In some cases,...
Are penis disorders contagious?
Most penis disorders aren't contagious, but some that are caused by infections or sexually transmitt...
How does circumcision affect penis disorders?
Many penis disorders are much more common among men and boys who have not been circumcised. Circumci...
Do all penis disorders affect the ability to get an erection?
Some penis disorders may affect your ability to get an erection, but this isn't the case for all dis...