Why should I regularly check my penis for signs of penile cancer?

Penile cancer is rare in the United States and Europe, but you should still look out for any odd changes in the look and/or feel of your penis. The most common forms of treatment for penile cancer are surgery and radiation therapy. The longer one's penile cancer goes undiscovered, the greater chance there is that all or part of the penis will be lost during treatment. (If that's not a call to action, we don't know what is.) And radiation treatment can also cause erectile dysfunction, and a decrease in sexual arousal and desire.
Sexy Ever After: Intimacy Post-Cancer

Sexy Ever After: Intimacy Post-Cancer

Recent studies show that 40-100 percent of men and women who have been treated for cancer have experienced some level of sexual dysfunction. Sexy Ever After: Intimacy Post-Cancer will help you...

Continue Learning about Penile Cancer

What is the rate of incidence for penile cancer?
In the United States, about 1 in 100,000 men will develop penile cancer (that's about 1% of all canc...
How long does penile cancer last?
Penile cancer lasts until treatment removes it from your body. Small or early stage cancers may be r...
Should I be worried about penile cancer?
Worrying about a disease that you have not yet caught is never a good idea. Understanding risk facto...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with penile cancer?
The most important role in caring for someone with penile cancer is to support them in their daily l...