Is there a way to get dentures with no dental insurance?

The short answer to the question of dentures with no dental insurance is: maybe. The longer answer is: you may be able to get dentures if you are willing to look at several different options.

• Dental schools sometimes offer low-cost dental care by having a dental student do the work under the supervision of a licensed (and experienced) dentist. This is the dental version of going to a cosmetology school for a haircut: if you are willing to be “practiced” on, you can get your haircut, or your dental care, for less money.
  • The Bureau of Primary Health Care, part of the Health Resources and Services Administration, helps finance community health centers that offer free (or low-cost) medical and dental care. So your dentures may be provided at one of these health centers.
  • United Way is a program that may be able to link you to local free or low-cost dental services. Contact the United Way for more details; if you have Internet access, check out their web site for more information.
  • Finally, don’t forget to look into the options of state- or federally-funded health insurance like Medicaid. For more information, contact the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

Continue Learning about Paying For Health Care When You're Uninsured

If I do not have medical insurance, what problems can I face?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
People who do not have medical insurance often face additional challenges in getting the information...
How can I pay for dentist visits?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
If finances are a problem, you may wish to talk to your dentist about payment options and performing...
How can I have a doctor if I don't have insurance?
Even if you're one of 50 million Americans without health insurance, it's important to have a doctor...
Are there resources for limited income patients with no coverage?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
The Together Rx Access Card was created to help people who do not have prescription drug coverage. Y...