What is the sartorious muscle?

Rick Olderman
Physical Therapy

The sartorius muscle originates at the front of the pelvis and spirals to the inside of the thigh, then inserts onto the upper and inner portion of the lower leg bone (tibia). It flexes, externally rotates, and abducts the hip joint. It also helps flex and internally rotate the knee joint.

Fixing You: Hip & Knee Pain: Self-treatment for IT band friction, arthritis, groin pain, bursitis, knee pain, PFS, AKPS, and other diagnoses

Hip and knee pain are often a result of poor pelvic muscle performance in combination with poor walking habits. This combination creates tracking problems in the hip socket or excessive rotation at...

Continue Learning about Parts of the Muscular System

What is a deltoid muscle?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The deltoid muscle is the shoulder muscle originating from the clavicle (collar bone) and scapula (s...
What is the supraspinatus muscle?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
One muscle is more problematic than others when it comes to shoulder pain: the supraspinatus muscle....
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?